Pretty Print + Pleasant Poppies All Occasion Card

All occasion card with lots of embossed details

It's probably no secret that I love embossing folders. I have dozens of them spilling out of their basket.

There are many ways to use embossing folders to add texture to a project - from an entire background panel on a card to just a little strip, snippet, or punched shape on any page, card, tag, or book. Another thing I love about embossing folders is that they are inexpensive and don't take up tons of space. Winning!

So, when I saw the Pretty Print Embossing Folder in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog, you can bet that thing was in my shopping cart pronto! It's gorgeous!!

This card was my first chance to play with it and as you can see I didn't go out on a limb here. Just a simple embossed background panel.

Poppies colored with markers after heat embossing


I paired it with the Pleasant Poppies background stamp - another new(ish) addition to my rubber stamp collection that I'd been pining for.  I stamped the image on White Vellum using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. My original intent was to color only the back side of the vellum using a marker, which creates a pretty stained-glass effect. However, I ended up coloring both sides for a more intense look.

The card is lined with Whisper White on the inside, with a portion of the poppy image stamped in Raspberry Ripple in the lower inside corner. With no sentiment inside or out, I can tailor this card to suit any occasion: thank you, thinking of you, sympathy, birthday, etc.

It's always great to have a few "no occasion" cards on hand, ready for a quick sentiment stamped on the inside or just a handwritten note.

Happy Monday - have a great week!

xoxo







Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Pleasant Poppies (Wood-132061, Clear-129499)
Ink: VersaMark Pad (102283), 2012-2014 In Color Stampin' Write Markers (126856)
Paper: Raspberry Ripple (126842), Gumball Green (126840), Whisper White (100730), White Vellum (101856) cardstock
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (132175), Heat Tool (129053), Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (109133)
Accessories: Pear Pizzazz 3/4" Chevron Ribbon (130011)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments