Thursday, August 29, 2013

Stylish Stripes Noel Card

Stylish Stripes Noel Greeting Card

There's still plenty of Christmas cheer around here - you didn't think I'd be done after just one gift tag did you? Hahaha!

I'm pretty sure there's a rule somewhere that says you can't do a series of holiday paper-crafts challenges without including a card category. Naturally Cath knows all the rules, so of course there's a Moxie Fab World holiday card challenge to play along with.

The idea for today's holiday card came to me while I was creating this clean and simple birthday card.
"Hey, I bet you could put washi tape in-between these 
embossed stripes and it would look really cool."

I actually stopped what I was doing to test my theory ...

Washi tape applied to embossed cardstock

... and it worked! The 3/8" washi tape fits perfectly with the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder.

For my Noel card, I used the Crumb Cake washi from the Season of Style Designer Washi Tape collection. Once all the washi tape was in place, I decided to add some sparkle with narrow strips of Red Glimmer Paper.

Embellishment cluster on holiday greeting card


For the greeting focal point, I created a paper-pierced flag, framed with Old Olive cardstock. Above the greeting I attached a strip of Red Glimmer Paper over a Petite Curly Label and adorned it with a Vintage Faceted Designer Button tied with Baker's Twine.

Conserve paper and cardstock using this trick


TIP: When possible, punch small cardstock pieces from larger pieces on your project that will be covered up once they are layered.

Did you notice the envelope? A simple strip of washi tape across the flap is quick and easy and gives the envelope a touch of festive flair.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!

xoxo






Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Greetings of the Season (W-128030, C-128033)
Ink: Real Red (126949)
Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730), Old Olive (100702), Red Glimmer Paper (121790)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (132174), Paper-Piercing Tool (126189), Stampin' Pierce Mat (126199), Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (126187), Petite Curly Label Punch (129405)
Accessories: Season of Style Designer Washi Tape (132155), Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (123125), Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons (127555)

Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gayle! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo