Saturday, August 17, 2013

Wish Big, Birthday Boy!

Great guy card - crisp white and navy birthday card.

Hi everyone! Today I have a clean and simple birthday card that I think will be fantastic for the guys. Do you struggle to make masculine cards?
Tuesday Trigger Photo

My crisp navy and white card was inspired (in part) by the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger. And just for the heck of it, I'm going to throw it in the ring for the Trendy Triangles Challenge. Those pennants are triangles, after all, right?

The idea for this card started with those pennants, so I dusted off my Pennant Parade stamp set and stamped pennants onto Night of Navy cardstock using White craft ink. After cropping the pennants with the coordinating Petite Pennants Builder Punch, I glued them to flat toothpicks.

Petite pennants mounted on toothpicks

The white space needed a little somethin', somethin' and the new Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder was perfect - crisp lines that fit right in with the overall design and mimic the stripes from the photo.

The navy panel below was "faux-stitched" using the new White Stampin' Chalk Marker. I loved using this instead of a white gel pen. The medium marker tip is about the same as the gel pen, but it doesn't skip like the pens tend to do.

Embossed stripes add interest to a plain white background

TIP: The White Stampin' Chalk Marker is permanent ink and should not be used directly on your stamps.

I curled the banner so it's wavy, which I like to do anyway, but doing so here creates a natural arch over the toothpick ends as well. The birthday greeting is from the Four You stamp set.

I'm off to attempt a few more challenges ... the bug has bitten!

Have a great weekend.

xoxo






Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Pennant Parade (W-128697, C-122742), Four You (W-130535, C-130538)
Ink: Whisper White Craft Pad (101731)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Night of Navy (100867)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (132174), White Stampin' Chalk Marker (132133), Petite Pennants Builder Punch (122361)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

14 comments:

  1. Perfect boy Birthday card - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card for both challenges. Love that background folder you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Thank you for stopping by to comment!

      Delete
  4. Very nice take on the TT. So classy and elegant... great for the guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the TT! It makes a great masculine card! I love the embossed stripes. They add a lot of texture and interest. Great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa! I'm loving the embossed stripes too!

      Delete
  6. Hey Gayle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Gayle! Thanks also for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo