Wednesday, September 11, 2013

10-Minute Dash: It's Your Day + Celebrate!

Clean and simple birthday/celebrate card. #cardmaking #rubberstamping #Stampinup #Stampingville

I’m playing along with a couple of challenges today: a great sketch from Retro Sketches and the 10-minute Craft Dash which provided my color inspiration along with a kick in the you-know-what.
Challenge #25: So Saffron, Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar or Soft Suede

Confession: I’m not a fast crafter. I tend to lolly-gag my way through creating. In part, it’s because I enjoy experiencing the process of stamping and paper-crafting so much. It’s like being whisked away to somewhere else and I’m very happy to just stay right there in that place thankyouverymuch.

It's also because I tend to run through a lot of maybe-this and maybe-thats. Basic him-hawing around. HA!

I am, however, trying to speed things up and get with the program so to speak. When you have 53169874 ideas on your things-to-try list you need to get a move on. Ahem.

Retro sketches #80
Anyhoo, I loved this sketch when I saw it. I got everything stamped and cut and laid it all out and then promptly panicked. Too plain, too boring, something was missing and the clock. was. ticking. 

Chevron embossing folder to the rescue! It added the perfect amount of interest to the background without being too busy AND it ties in with the patterned paper and balloons. Win-win!

The cute image is from the Stampin’ Up! Tag It stamp set – this year’s Ronald McDonald House Charities set. (Stampin’ Up! donates $3 to RMHC with each sale of this set.) Love that. 


Fussy cut balloons popped up for added dimension


The patterned paper is the I Am Me Designer Series Paper (Stampin’ Up!) which has super cute vivid patterns in addition to these more subdued ones. This paper was perfect for adding the Pool Party and So Saffron to the Baked Brown Sugar.

Baked Brown Sugar Boutique Details embellishment + linen thread

The sweet little embellishment is one of the In Color Boutique Details. It's held tightly in place over the linen thread with a dot of Crystal Effects.

Kitchen timer
I don’t have one of those fancy-schmancy timers, so I had to use this very loud kitchen timer. Not only does it tick off the minutes loudly, this thing will practically wake the dead when time is up. I hope it counts in the Craft Dash.

My time?

Give or take a few seconds, about 9 min. 55 sec. I had just finished popping on the fussy cut balloons and held it out to give it the once-over (that squinty-eyed critical judging thing – you know the one, right?) when the timer went off. Which, by the way, scared me and the cats. I dropped my card and the girls headed for the nearest hiding spot. Haha.

After I regained my composure, I die-cut a quick envelope liner with a piece of the Pool Party chevron paper and now my quick card is ready to send to a certain birthday girl I know. Shhh … don’t tell.







Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Tag It (W-130300, C-130303)
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar (131174), In Color Stampin' Write Markers (131260), Subtles Assortment Stampin' Write Markers (131263)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Baked Brown Sugar (131296), I Am Me Designer Series Paper (130138)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127749), Envelope Liners Framelits Dies (132172), Glue Dots (103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Crystal Effects (101055)
Accessories: Linen Thread (104199), In Color Boutique Details Embellishments (130938)

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - just love all the details - especially that embellishment & bow. Thanks for playing with us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rachel. I really love those little embellies too!

      Delete
  2. Saw your card at RetroSketches. I LOVED it ! So had to come tell you. Many blessings!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming over to leave a sweet comment. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ooooh..love the embossed chevron!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea! The embossing really made this card shine!!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous card! I love everything about it!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! I loved playing along (first time!).

      Delete
  5. Gayle, this is adorable! I can't believe you did it so fast! Amazing! I'm going to have to check into that stamp set. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Michelle. Fussing with that Linen Thread took the longest!

      Delete
  6. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/09/52-card-pickup-237.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrice and thanks! I'll stop by and take a peek!

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you craft the way I do...I'm a total snail and take forever! I'm so impressed with your time...your card looks amazing. I'm quite sure I'd have only embossed the paper in that amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Claire. I'm sure it couldn't possibly take you 10 min. for that. Unless, of course, you stop to clean up scraps, organize your folders, and put away dies from the last four cards you made. That might take 10 minutes. Or 30. Not that I would know or anything. ;)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the chevron background - looks great. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty! I'm hoping to play along again soon!

      Delete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo