Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Christmas Mini Muslin Gift Bag

Stampin' Up! Mini Muslin Bag

Hi again! I'm sneaking in with another post today while I try to get a little caught up on posting news and projects.

(It's been a little disorganized here lately due to some events that have demanded my time and attention. I'm guessing this may be the norm for a while, so I hope you'll bear with me while I muddle through the chaos.)

I created this little gift bag with the Holiday Gift Wrap Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in mind.

The darling Mini Muslin Bags were a must-have on my wish list from the Holiday Catalog this year. In fact, I was about to hit the interwebs in search of some to buy right before the catalog came out, so I gave a little squeal when I saw them.

These bags are so fun because you can do so much with them - from simply adding a tag and some ribbon to stamping on them or even dying them. They are 100% cotton and measure about 4" x 5-1/2". Perfect for small gifts (or treats) any time of year, these bags will be super fun for the holidays.

Shabby chic burlap ribbon flower


I really, really wanted to use this Burlap Ribbon in a different way and create a sort of shabby chic flower. It took me a while to figure it out (slight understatement!), but it did finally turn out (mostly) the way I envisioned.

Under the burlap flower is a simple punched scallop circle and a bit of grosgrain ribbon with a pretty stitched edge.

For the flower center, I added an Antique Brad on top of a Vintage Faceted Designer Button.

Happy Christmas Mini Muslin Bag

The sentiment is from the More Merry Messages stamp set - one of several popular stamp sets still available, though not pictured in the Holiday Catalog. (See these additional holiday stamps and products here.)

Hope your having a marvelous day and enjoying the long weekend.

xoxo








Let's go shopping!





Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: More Merry Messages (W-126400, C-126402)
Ink: Gumball Green (126861)
Paper: Naturals White (102316), Season of Style Designer Series Paper Stack (132181)
Tools: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (118874)
Accessories: Mini Muslin Bags (132180), Cherry Cobbler 1" Stitched Edge Grosgrain Ribbon (132135), 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon (132140), Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons (127555), Antique Brads (117273)
Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends?
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gayle! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Gift Wrap Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo