Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Witches' Brew Halloween


Fright night is getting closer and I've been working on a few Halloween projects. Luckily for me, the Paper Players have a Halloween theme for their challenge this time and I found a great simple sketch to work with at Unscripted Sketches.

I love the Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper, so I really wanted to play it up. You'll notice there is hardly any stamping on this card; I let the spooky patterned paper do all the hard work. Ha!


I wanted to give the circle a little more definition from the background paper, so I lightly edged it using a 2-Way Glue Pen and then sprinkled on orange glitter. I think it does the job and adds just the right amount of sparkle.

I was dying to flag the ends of the patterned paper, but forced myself to leave them square just this once!


Love Patterned Paper?
Snag a deal (today only) on select Designer Series Paper packs in the online store. It's the Stampin' Up! Thankful Thursday Deal of the Day. Woot!



Choose from Etcetera, I Am Me, Soho Subway, and This That Epic Day Designer Series Papers. Each collection contains 12 sheets of double-sided 12x12 paper (2 each of 6 double-sided designs).

Regular Price: $10.95 Today Only: $8.21

While you're there don't forget the new weekly deals. Save 25% on cool papercrafting tools or 50% on a fabulous digital kit.








Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (W-128748, C-127802)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn (101406)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie (105117), Basic Black (121045), Very Vanilla (101650), Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper (132185)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Circles Collection Framelits Dies (130911), 2-Way Glue Pen (100425)
Accessories: Black/Orange Stampin' Glitter (132206), Basics Glimmer Brads (121003)


Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous Halloween card! Totally loving your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun card, great way to use that paper, too! Spooky and sparkly! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and loved the Halloween theme!

      Delete
  3. Great way to combine both challenges. I love that focal image and the use of DSPs. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! Love the pop of sparkle and how the orange pops off the dark background. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne Marie! It was fun to play along - thanks for the fun challenge.

      Delete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo