Wishing You ...

Wishing You: Birthday & Christmas

... a happy World Card Making Day! Woo hoo!! It's our very own little "holiday" in celebration of card makers the world over. It's so amazing to me to see other card makers from faaaar away countries. It's just so darn cool.

I've been pulling a little R&R this week after having a "little" surgery ... on my head, no less. (Fun times!) So now when I'm wondering "what was I thinking - I ought to have my head examined" (check) or "gee, I need that like I need a hole in my head" (check), I'm good to go. Seriously, I'm doing well, and today I was able to venture into the craft room for the first time this week. Yay!!

So, in honor of World Card Making Day and the "official" kickoff of the holiday card making season, I created two cards using the Stampin' Up! Wishing You stamp set. When I saw this cute set in the holiday catalog, I immediately knew it would make darling birthday cards in addition to festive Christmas cards. I love knowing that I'll get lots of use from this holiday stamp set for other occasions all year long.

Stampin' Up! Wishing You Stamp Set Christmas Card


For the Wishing You - Christmas version, I tucked the stamped presents behind an embossed Designer Frame with the area inside the frame cut out. (Use an exact-o or craft knife and a ruler for this.) For a little sparkle, I colored Rhinestone Basic Jewels with a red Sharpie and sprinkled them among plain rhinestones.



Cool discovery: I used the Chevron Border Punch to crop the ends of my greeting panel! How fun is that?!

Stampin' Up! Wishing You Stamp Set Birthday Card


The Wishing You - Birthday version gets some girly touches with lots of polka dots, Delicate Details Lace Tape, and that darn cute Ruffle Stretch Trim. I need to remember to stop hoarding that trim and use it more often - it adds such a sweet touch!



What are you doing today? Are you making cards and celebrating World Card Making Day?

If you are, Stampin' Up! is having a contest - come join us!

There are two ways to enter:

•E-mail a photo of a card (or of you making a card) on World Card Making Day to wcmd2013@stampinup.com.

•Post a photo of a card (or of you making a card) on Instagram on World Card Making Day. Mention us by typing @stampinup and use the hashtag: #wcmd2013 in the description.

This contest is open to everyone (over the age of 18) and you may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must feature a different card.

You'll have until midnight tonight (Oct. 5) to enter the contest with your projects created using Stampin' Up! products. Prizes will be randomly awarded to 100 winners (from North American markets) and a selection of pictures will be featured on Stampin' Up!'s World Card Making Day Pinterest board.

Join in the fun and enter your project photos!

And Happy World Card Making Day!!








Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:

Wishing You (Christmas)
Stamps: Wishing You (W-131748, C-131751)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler (Regals Collection 131262) and Gumball Green (2012-2013 In Color Collection 126856) Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Designer Frames Embossing Folders (123130), Chevron Border Punch (132154), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (123125), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

Wishing You (Birthday)
Stamps: Wishing You (W-131748, C-131751), Itty Bitty Banners (W-132022, C-126257)
Ink: Strawberry Slush (131178); Strawberry Slush (2013-2014 In Color Collection 131260) and Crumb Cake (Neutrals Collection 131261) Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Whisper White (100730), Pistachio Pudding (131294), Strawberry Slush (131295), Season of Style Designer Series Paper Stack (132181)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (117335), Bitty Banners Framelits Dies (129267)
Accessories: Delicate Details Lace Tape (130966), Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Stretch Trim (130020), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)


Are you celebrating WCMD today? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments

  1. They are both great Gayle, it's lovely to see two different examples from one Christmas stamp..TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki! I do love getting to stretch my supplies beyond the intended "season". This set is a great example!

      Delete
  2. Love these cards! I featured your card on our group blog. www.pinkpaperbaker.com. Check it out tomorrow! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo