A Lovely Romance Anniversary Card

Anniversary or All Occasion Card | Stampingville #cardmaking #rubberstamping #StampinUp

Tomorrow I'll be celebrating our wedding anniversary with my sweet hubby, and this card is for him. My "vision" for the card was to create a coat-of-arms or royal family crest sort of vibe. What do you think - mission accomplished? If so, thank you Lovely Romance stamp set. If not, well thanks for nothing. Hahaha.

Of course, I had design help.

The sketch over at the Fusion Card Challenge had me reeling with literally TONS of ideas this week. I've already made several cards using the sketch, which you may or may not see here, but I'm LOVING that sketch. In fact, Wednesday I threatened to create 537 entries for the challenge, and they are probably worried I might attempt it.

Not to worry. It won't be happening. Too much other stuff cutting into my creative time. Ugh. Don't you hate when that happens? Yeah, me too.

Beautiful embossing two ways | Stampingville #papercrafts #stamping #StampinUp


Anyhoo.

Let's talk about embossing. I used my beloved, retiring (sob!) Pewter Embossing Powder on golden honey colored cardstock. It's stunning. And that cardstock? One of the new Stampin' Up! In Colors called Hello, Honey. (Available on June 2.)

The dry embossed piece is Island Indigo, embossed using the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder.

The little banners are stamped onto Soft Sky cardstock; two using Smoky Slate ink, and one using Soft Sky ink for a tone-on-tone effect. It looks very subtle in the photos, but is more visible in person.

Custom anniversary greeting inside card | Stampingville #cardmaking #rubberstamping #StampinUp


Inside the card, I used another image from the Lovely Romance set along with the Happy Anniversary stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set to create my custom anniversary greeting.

Time to go write something mushy inside the card and get it signed, sealed, and ready to be delivered.

And then? Hmm, let's see.

Oh, wait - it's TGIF. Yay!

Time to kick off the weekend. Cheers!!







Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:


Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments

  1. Gayle, this is super elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous ... love the embossing ... such an elegant anniversary card design ... so very glad you joined us at the Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely Anniversary card, ans such a TERRIFIC take on the sketch and cue, just wonderful embossing and all of the details!
    So glad you were inspired to join us at FUSION!
    I sure hope you are inspired to join us again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a sweet comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo