Friday, May 30, 2014

I'm Just Sayin' It's Your Birthday

Stampingville: Quick and easy birthday card fun #cardmaking #rubberstamping #StampinUp

If you read my last post, featuring my Stampin' Up! In Color sampler, you know I said that it was love at first sight with Blackberry Bliss. This new addition to our color family is going to get lots of love from me! Apparently, I'm going to have to work on some photography issues, because this rich, gorgeous color is not coming across in the photos. Trust me. Blackberry Bliss is yummy and you must add this to your wish list pronto.

Fusion Challenge May 22
SO. I peeked at the latest FUSION challenge and then mulled it over a few days. Originally, I was planning to use the inspiration photo. I just wasn't getting a thing from the sketch. Then lo and behold, when I popped back in today for another peek ... BAM. Inspiration struck and it was completely the opposite of what I expected. You know what to do when that happens? Yep. GO with it!

For a fun birthday jab, I chose a greeting from the Just Sayin' stamp set. After stamping the image using Blackberry Bliss ink, I cropped it using the coordinating Word Bubble Framelit Die. The greeting is popped up on a layer of the new Moonlight Designer Series Paper and it all resides on a luscious Blackberry Bliss card base.

The circle shape, die-cut with framelits, is also a new In Color - Hello Honey. It's a warm, golden yellow that is actually quite versatile. I've already used it on several projects and it has fit right in with different styles and color combos.

Stampingville: Stamps + Matching Framelits = Instant DIY Elements for cards and scrapbooks


I was happy to stare at the Blackberry Bliss card base all day, but decided to add a little somethin' to give it some oomph. It is, after all, a birthday card. That calls for something special in my book. After whining a bit about a missing embossing folder that would have been perfect for this card, my eyes came to rest on the Gold Sequin Trim and the rest, as they say, was history.

After snipping off a dozen or so sequins, I randomly attached them using Mini Glue Dots - a perfect fit in the size department!

Okay then, stampers - it's Friday - woot!

Get out there and enjoy your weekend, but don't forget to give your stamps a little love.







Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Stamps: Just Sayin' (W-133200,C-133203)*
Ink: Blackberry Bliss (133642)
Paper: Blackberry Bliss(133675), Hello Honey (133678), Whisper White (100730), Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack (133701)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Word Bubble Framelits Dies (132968)*, Circles Collection Framelits (130911)
Accessories: Gold Sequin Trim (132983), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
*Available in a Bundle (15% discount) through June 4, 2014: Just Sayin' Stamp Set + Word Bubble Framelits Dies (Wood-mount 134819, Clear-mount 134820)


Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

8 comments:

  1. GREAT showcase of this stamp, LOVE the Blackberry paper, (Will add this to my SU JULY list...)

    Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION!!
    I ABSOLUTELY Love seeing your creations in the gallery and hope that you are inspired to join us again and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackberry Bliss is GORGEOUS! You will love it.

      Delete
  2. What a great card for the Fusion Sketch! love that cheeky sentiment! and the great colors you used - the sequins add a great sparkle! thanks for playing with us at Fusion this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia. Fun sentiment for someone you like to tease a bit!

      Delete
  3. Love how you followed the sketch but added flair with the sequins. Great colors and so fun! Thank for playing at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie - This IS a fun color combo!

      Delete
  4. This is adorable Gayle, I like the multi colored polka dots and a big mustard circle that draws the focus towards the sentiment :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo