The interesting thing about the new Work of Art stamp set is the unlimited possibilities. At first glance, it's easy to assume that combining several of the images from this 11-piece set will create a lovely "work of art" for your projects. And, well duh, of course it will. By mixing up the sentiments and images, creating various unique cards and projects will be a snap.
BUT! Look again. Take away the sentiments and you've got a handful of brush-stroke style swaths, swatches, and shapes that are perfect for a background. Whether you want to create an entire background or just need one splotch of something as a background layer, it's here in this set.
It's as if Gorgeous Grunge took an art/painting class and this was the result. So fun!
- The tone-on-tone Crumb Cake swath in the background adds just the right amount of interest behind the focal point.
- The (focal point) repeated swatch is stamped three times (with Bermuda Bay ink) without re-inking the stamp. Known as gradient stamping, this technique provides differing tones of the same color.
- The subtle (barely visible) splotch in the upper corner is tone-on-tone Soft Sky.
- Creating a "frame" for my art work was super simple using the Squares Collection Framelit Dies.
- The Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder gave my frame just the right amount of texture.
P.S. All Stampin' Up! websites, including online ordering, will be down for maintenance on Saturday, June 7th from approximately 5:30 AM (MT) until 8:30 AM (MT). We apologize for any inconvenience.
Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products
Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1