Embossed Ombre Brocade Wedding Card

Embossed ombre Brocade Wedding Card | Stampingville #cardmaking #papercrafts #StampinUp

That's a mouthful, isn't it? Embossed Ombre is the theme over at the Fusion Card Challenge, and the photo of that beautiful ombre wedding cake got me inspired. I decided to attempt the full fusion, taking inspiration from both the photo and the card sketch.

Fusion Card Challenge Photo
Stampin' details:
  • To create the ombre panel, I sponged layers of Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, and Pistachio Pudding ink onto Whisper White cardstock.
  • The ombre panel is dry embossed using the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder.
  • The greeting, from the Cheers to Love stamp set, is heat embossed in white on white vellum cardstock.
  • Using White Creped Filter Paper for the flower makes it super light and fluffy. (Creped Filter Paper is about the weight of tissue paper, but stronger.)
  • I used this technique to create the paper flower, but used the Pansy Punch in place of a scallop circle punch and used 7 or 8 layers rather than just three.
  • The vellum strip ends are cropped using the Artisan Label Punch. It's a super quick way to dress up a ho-hum rectangle of paper!

Wedding card greeting embossed on vellum | Stampingville #cardmaking #papercrafts #StampinUp

It's been a long time since I've participated in a challenge and I've missed it. I'm getting in under the wire on this one, but I couldn't pass up that gorgeous cake photo!







Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:

Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments

  1. perfect, fabulous, love your flower! Thanks for playing at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love the inked and embossed BG :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo