I spent some time last week preparing a baby shower gift for a dear friend of mine who will be having a little girl in about 8 weeks. With the baby shower behind us now, I can share the details of the baby card and gift bag I created for the occasion.
Let's start with the Keepsake Gift Bag. This was a very large bag and in serious need of some dressing up, not to mention a big yucky logo to cover! After deciding on an overall design to use for both the card and bag, I was ready to begin the transformation.
- All patterned paper is from the Stampin' Up! Lullaby Designer Series Paper collection. The prints used for this project - Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, and Baked Brown Sugar - coordinate with the baby's nursery color scheme.
- The Hello Love stamp set (hostess-only item) is perfect for showers! Several greetings are suitable for engagements, weddings, and baby on the way, along with tiny hearts showering down from sweet clouds.
- The cloud image is stamped directly on a Tea Lace Paper Doily. Stamped again on Whisper White cardstock, the clouds are hand-cut and popped up using Dimensionals.
- For added dimension, tiny hearts are punched using the Hearts Border Punch and adhered directly to the doily.
- The large die-cut scallop circle is paper-pierced at each scallop for extra detail. (The large scallop circle is included in the Circles Collection Framelits Dies.)
- The Petite Pennants Builder Punch creates pennants and banners in a snap. The small heart punched from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper adds girly bling!
- It's a girl! The Stampin' Up! A Dozen Thoughts stamp set allows for personalizing cards and gifts or announcing the arrival of new little boy or girl.
- The banner strip was stamped and heat embossed using White Embossing Powder. (And another smidge of bling!)
- I couldn't resist attaching the card/envelope to the bag with a sweet mini-clothespin. It's cute, but it's functional too - that card would've been lost in that great big bag and the sea of tissue paper surrounding the gift.
- Surprise! This bag becomes a keepsake to frame or include in a scrapbook album. Because the largest piece of patterned paper is 12" x 12", all mommy has to do is cut it from the bag, add a photo of baby and it's ready to go.
I loved how this gift bag turned out (and Mommy-to-be loved it too!) Tomorrow, I'll feature the coordinating baby shower card I created to go along with this keepsake bag.
Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products
Online orders of $150 or more earn you Stampin' Rewards ($25 or more!). Spend your reward dollars on the specially-priced Hello Love Hostess Stamp Set or any current Stampin' Up! products. Stampin' Rewards are applied to qualifying orders before checkout.
Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1