This wedding gift card holder (one of the 17 make & take swaps at our Leadership stamping party) is so clever, but it's super easy to create. I should mention that this project was courtesy of Valerie Gray and most of the work was done ahead of time - we basically just assembled the pieces. I'll do my best though to give you some basic instructions.
Folded closed, this gift card holder is the size of a standard (A2) card - so it will fit a regular envelope if you need to mail it.
In the background, the Something Lacy background stamp was stamped on Vellum cardstock, embossed with white embossing powder, and randomly colored with Blendabilities. The main image and inside sentiment are from the For the New Two stamp set. Both images are embossed with Silver embossing powder.
The notches on the flap are created using the Envelope Punch Board, creating a clever self-closure feature.
As the card is opened the inner panel slides up to reveal the sentiment and a gift card!
- The base layer is 4-1/4" x 11". Score at 2" and at 7-1/4".
- The vellum layer is 4" x 10-3/4". Score at 1-3/4" and at 7".
- Stamp or decorate the vellum as desired.
- Adhere the vellum to the base layer. Create the notches by inserting one end of the panel (the end with the 2" score) into the Envelope Punch Board and align it at the 1" mark and punch. Flip the panel over, align it at the 1" mark and punch again.
- Fold the bottom section (with the notches). Tie closed using Lace Trim, adhering the lace to the back.
- The sliding panel measures 3-3/4" x 6-1/2". Score at 1/2" and 4-3/4". Stamp greeting onto end of panel above the second score line.
- Fold at the score line below the greeting and crease well using a bone folder. Insert the folded end into the pocket of the base card.
- At the top score line, fold under and crease well using a bone folder to create a flap, Unfold the flap and place Sticky Strip or Fast Fuse along the entire length of the flap facing you (above the score line).
- Ensure the panel is still tightly nestled in the pocket and centered with the adhesive exposed. Fold the top of the base card over (close the card) and press well to make contact with exposed adhesive on the inner panel. Open the card and the inner panel should slide up revealing the sentiment. Insert the gift card in the folded pocket behind the sentiment.
- Decorate the gift card holder as desired.
Isn't this a clever gift card holder? I can't wait for the next wedding!
Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products
Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
(Click on the Stampin' Up! product images below for product details and easy online shopping. Or, scroll down for a printable supply list.)
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1