Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Nuts About You Anniversary Card

Stampingville: Simple masculine anniversary card with Stampin' Up! Nuts About You stamp set.

Sunday was our wedding anniversary and I decided to create an anniversary card for my husband using the Nuts About You stamp set.

This was the first time this adorable stamp set saw ink. I know. Sad, but true. I'm not sure why, because it's super cute, but sometimes these things happen.

Stampin' Details:

  • To stamp the tree I inked the entire image with Baked Brown Sugar, and used a Blender Pen to remove the ink from the leaves. Then I used a Wild Wasabi Stampin' Write Marker to ink the leaves individually.
  • The "carved" heart for the tree is heat embossed with white embossing powder for a little pop of texture.
  • The little bird in her nest is popped up for added dimension. 
  • Create tiny banners in a flash with the Banner Punch. The punch is just big enough to crop the little "nuts about you" sentiment.
  • Dress up the envelope with matching Designer Series Paper cut with the Envelope Liners Framelits Die. It literally takes less than 60 seconds to cut and adhere to the envelope.
Cute images from Stampin' Up! Nuts About You Hostess Stamp Set.

Confession: This stamp set has a tiny grass image, which I didn't notice as I was creating this card. The idea for grass occurred to me after stamping the squirrels on either side of the tree. I used a Stampin' Write Marker to create the grass, but next time I'll be sure to use the stamp!

My hubby loved his "nuts about you" card. It's cute, but by omitting ribbon or extra frills and sticking with a brown/gold/green color scheme, it fits the bill for a masculine card perfect for a happy anniversary.

We're saying goodbye to the Nuts About You (hostess) stamp set and hundreds of other retiring products. Get them during the Stampin' Up! Retiring Sale before they're gone for good on June 2.







Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
(Click on the Stampin' Up! product images below for product details and easy online shopping. Or, scroll down for a printable supply list.)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo