This fun and colorful birthday card (featuring the Stampin' Up! Celebrate Today stamp set) is on it's way to my sister-in-law as we speak. In my last post, I mentioned using sketch challenges for inspiration in your cardmaking. The layout for this birthday card came from another of my go-to resources - Stampin' Up! catalogs. This card design was recently featured in the Sale-a-bration brochure and I loved it.
- The card base is Tip Top Taupe - one of five new In Colors - and it's a wonderful neutral. This trendy gray/brown stone color is slightly darker than Crumb Cake and much more brown than Sahara Sand. Loved it immediately when creating this card.
- Three patterned paper strips are cut from the Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack, one of several new 6" x 6" pads perfect for cardmaking.
- A fourth strip is cut from Dazzling Details Glimmer Paper for added sparkle and a fifth is cut from Bermuda Bay cardstock and stamped with Bermuda Bay ink for a tone-on-tone effect.
- Turn those strips into banners in seconds using the new Banner Triple Punch to flag the ends.
- For the balloon, I stamped the stars/dots balloon background image onto Whisper White cardstock, then die-cut the balloon using the Balloon Framelits. The "happy birthday" images are stamped using Bermuda Bay and Watermelon Wonder (a new In Color). Sponging around the balloon edges in Tip Top Taupe gives the balloon added dimension.
- To accent the balloon, I added single sequins pulled from the length of sequin trim behind the balloon, and a Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Sticker colored with a marker. TIP: Use a permanent marker or an alcohol marker to color the epoxy sticker before adhering it.
- The final touch is the cute bow image stamped in Crushed Curry and die-cut.
- For a quick and easy splash of fun on the envelope flap, I stamped the balloon dots image randomly using Bermuda Bay ink.
Bundle and Save! The Celebrate Today stamp set and coordinating Balloon Framelits Dies are available in a bundle with 15% savings. See all 35 Bundle and Save options here.
Have a big wish list? Join Stampin' Up! in June and choose two free stamp sets in addition to your Starter Kit products. Learn more now.
Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products
Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
(Click on the Stampin' Up! product images below for product details and easy online shopping. Or, scroll down for a printable supply list.)
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1