Happy Friday, stampers! Before summer officially begins on Sunday, I'm celebrating the last few hours of spring with this pretty and feminine birthday card featuring the Stampin' Up! Circle of Spring stamp set.
I'm playing along over at Retro Sketches this time, and just look at this fun sketch. I thought of the Circle of Spring stamp set right away, but was afraid the wreath would be too large so I went in another direction completely. Major fail. That card died a slow death and went to card heaven.
I was determined to use that pretty wreath and I must say - mission accomplished! I really love how this card turned out.
- The Circle of Spring stamp set is a cute new addition to the Wondrous Wreath Bundle (stamp set + coordinating Framelits) that debuted last fall. I'm thrilled with this additional option for the set.
- Yay for placement guide tabs! Both wreath stamp sets, as well as the framelits, have a little tab at the top to aid in quick, efficient placement. No turning the framelit this way and that to get the proper placement. So smart.
- It may seem odd, but it's easiest to die-cut the center of the wreath first, THEN stamp the image, and finally die-cut the outer part of the wreath. With the center cut out, you'll be able to see exactly where to stamp the image!
- The wreath is stamped using Crumb Cake ink, then colored in using a Blender Pen with Melon Mambo and Mossy Meadow inks.
- My snippets of patterned paper are from the English Garden Designer Series Paper collection. These gorgeous papers feature floral patterns (some quite large) as well as gender neutral patterns/colors that will be ideal for masculine cards (believe it or not!).
- The new Elegant Dots embossing folder jazzes up the background and ties right in with the circle theme going on. After just one use, I'm smitten with this embossing folder.
- For the final touch, a few White Perfect Accents are sprinkled around the card. What are "perfect accents" you ask? It's the unique Stampin' Up! name for .... enamel dots!
What are your plans for the weekend? We're having dinner with friends for a birthday celebration, a neighborhood "welcome Summer" party, and Father's Day on Sunday - which will probably be spent in the pool with a little grilling and a few cold ones on the side. We are also getting a new patio set delivered today and I can't wait!
Have a terrific weekend and Happy Father's Day!
Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products
Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
(Click on the Stampin' Up! product images below for product details and easy online shopping. Or, scroll down for a printable supply list.)
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1