Made With Love For Baby

If you can't handle cuteness overload, look away now!

Simple baby card featuring Stampin' Up! Made With Love stamp set.

Gah! Is that little deer the cutest thing or what? I nearly died when I saw the Made with Love stamp set in the new Stampin' Up! annual catalog. I simply HAD to have that set.

I mean ... the purrrfect little kitty, the hoppy baby bunny, and the adorable little dear ... er, deer.

Now I just need people to get busy in the baby making department so I can make (and give) lots of cute baby cards and gift tags using this sweet stamp set.

I'm playing along with two challenges today! The card design was inspired by Retro Sketches (rs#176) and the color combo is from Color Challenge #257 at The Paper Players.

Stampin' Details:
  • My square card measures 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" and can be tucked in a standard envelope if I need to mail it. (If being hand-delivered, I'll probably create a custom envelope using the Envelope Punch Board.)
  • To add a sweet bit of detail and texture to the Bermuda Bay background panel, I used the Happy Heart embossing folder. Embossing card stock is a great alternative when you don't have the appropriate patterned paper for your project.
  • One ribbon - three ways! The 5/8" Chevron Ribbon (available in Natural or Smoky Slate) can be used showing the Chevron pattern or the solid pattern on the flip side. OR cut the ribbon down the center to create a narrow striped ribbon, as I've done here.
  • To create the little scalloped strip of cardstock, I used the large scallop square die included in the Squares Collection Framelits Dies.
  • The darling little deer image is stamped on Watercolor Paper, colored using an Aqua Painter and Classic Stampin' Pads, then cropped using a 2" Circle Punch.
Close-up photo image of watercolored deer image from Made with Love stamp set.

All cuteness aside, another great thing about the Made with Love stamp set is how it coordinates with matching framelit dies.  Many of the images in this stamp set were designed to precisely fit the Tags & Labels Framelits dies and the Baby's First Framelits Dies include framelits to die-cut the bib and the onsies.

Alright ... who's having a baby out there?









Let's go shopping!
Click below to shop online for Stampin' Up! products




Today's project featured the following Stampin' Up! products:
(Click on the Stampin' Up! product images below for product details and easy online shopping. Or, scroll down for a printable supply list.)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Did you enjoy today's project? Share your comments below!

Got friends? 
Click the icons below to share on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Google +1

Comments

  1. Gayle, this is adorable! I love that little deer, too! Your watercoloring is just precious! The embossed background is perfect! You certainly made my colors shine! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much Claire! I've been using a lot of Bermuda Bay lately, and this color combo was great. xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for commenting! I read every single one and try my best to respond back. xoxo